866-855-9102, 800-435-4000, 888-245-6864
San Francisco, California, U.S.
Charles Schwab was founded in 1971 by its namesake chairman, Charles R. Schwab. The full-service investment firm is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Schwab manages $2.61 trillion in investments for more than 9 million clients. It has 300 locations in the United States where you can meet with an advisor face to face, or you can easily reach your designated consultant by phone or email.
- First-rate customer service — 24/7 customer service, 365 days per year, including answers to just about any question you have.
- No-fee professional portfolio management — Schwab Intelligent Portfolios gives you professional investment management free of charge on accounts as small as $5,000.
- Low account minimum deposit — The $1,000 minimum requirement is new-investor friendly.
- No account fees — There are no account fees and no inactivity fees.
- Investing and banking with the same company — Charles Schwab Bank enables you to move money seamlessly between your investment and bank accounts and gives you fee-free ATM access at thousands of ATMs across the country and worldwide.
- The Charles Schwab promotion bonus — You can get up to $500 by opening a regular account or an IRA.
- Commissions are on the high end of the major brokers’ scale — $8.95 per trade could be a negative if you are an active trader. There are brokers with much lower fees.
Founded in: 1971
Platforms: StreetSmart Edge®, Trade Source®, Schwab Mobile
Minimum Deposit: 1000